Volunteer for Douglas County 4-H
Thank you for your interest in volunteering as a 4-H leader in Douglas County.
New leaders must complete the following:
Enroll in 4-H online & complete the volunteer application
2. Submit References
Three “Confidential Reference Questionnaires” completed by persons other than a relative or leader within the same club. We will email the reference form to the references that you have listed on your application you complete through co.4honline.com. You will be notified when the reference questionnaires are emailed out so that you can follow up with the references if necessary. All responses will be confidential. At least two returned references must be positive.
3. Complete the 4-H leader training
Four interactive, self-paced, online training modules, 15-20 minutes each. Quizzes given online after each module. Contact the Extension office when all four modules are completed. Print and keep all four module completion certificates in case proof of completion is needed. Access online training.
4. Pass the background check
- We will notify you via email when we have submitted the background check.
- You will receive an email from HireRight Customer Support, a secured site, within five business days. Please make sure to check your spam folder. If you do not receive the email from HireRight within five days, immediately contact the Extension office.
- The email from HireRight provides a hotlink and a password for you to log into a secure site. You need to be prepared to enter these items: name, address, phone number, DOB, social security number and driver’s license number and then authorize HireRight to conduct a background check. You MUST respond.
- If you do not respond within 7-10 days, CSU Human Resource Services will send the link to you a second time with a message that the request will be cancelled if you do not respond within 7 days.(This is a courtesy to you). If the request is cancelled due to nonresponse and we have to resubmit your background check again, then you will be assessed a $45 fee. This fee has to be paid before you are able to be a leader.
*Any leader not enrolled for a continuous period of 6 months must repeat these steps when reapplying to become a leader.