A weed is described as a plant that is not valued where it is growing. Do you have weeds? Do you know how to get rid of them? The best way to take care of your property and control weeds is to create a weed IPM plan.
- Identify what type of weeds you have
- Short term controls
- Long term controls
- Colorado Weed Management Association (good for noxious weeds ID)
- USDA NRCS Plants National Database (good for searches for ID of weeds and native plants)
- For Commercial and Private applicator licenses, product registration, individual sensitivity, etc.
Colorado State Programs
- Colorado Environmental Pesticide Education Program
- Colorado Department of Agriculture Pesticide Applicator Program
- Colorado Department of Agriculture Pesticide Registration Program
Product Label Information
Biological Weed Control (Insects)
- Colorado Department of Agriculture Biological Pest Control (Scroll down page for contact info)
- Integrated Weed Control
Organic Weed Control
Chemical Weed Control
All Colorado State University Extension Fact Sheets currently under review.