2020 Douglas County 4-H Important Dates
- 2020-2021 Douglas County 4-H Calendar *Updated 11/4/20*
- Please note: In response to COVID-19, events are always subject to change. Please see above calendar and stay tuned to the blast for the most up-to-date information.
- Douglas County Extension Calendar
- 4-H, Master Gardener, Horticulture, Small Acerage, and anything else our office is working on!
- Front Range Regnional Calendar
- Looking for other 4-H/Positive Youth Development Opportunities across the entire Front Range Region? This is a great place to check out whats going on in our area!
Updated 2020-2021 Record Books will be posted soon! Please use the 2019-2020 for reference when you begin your projects.
4-H General/Family and Consumer Science/Natural Resources Projects
4-H Animal Project e-Records
- 4-H Animal Project e-Records
- Companion Animal eRecord to be used for Cat, Companion Rabbit, Cavvy, Pocket Pets, Llama/Alpaca, etc.
- Market or Breeding Rabbit should use livestock e-record
Are now housed within each record book. If you need additional pages copy and print them as you need. If you have questions or problems please call the Extension office 720-733-6940.
4-H Project Tip Sheets
Douglas County 4-H Quick Facts
4-H is a worldwide youth development program for children between the ages of 5 and 18. Youth who participate in 4-H develop tools to succeed in life —conﬁdence, compassion and the connections to caring adults helping guide community contributions. 4-H is dedicated to positive youth development and helping youth step up to the challenges in a complex and changing world. 4-H is dedicated to helping cultivate the next generation of leaders and tackling the nation’s top challenges such as the shortage of skilled professionals, maintaining our global competitiveness, encouraging civic involvement and becoming a healthier society.4-H Quick Facts
4-H 101 & 102
4-H 101 ~ Discover 4-H
Throughout January 2020 we presented the Douglas County 4-H 101 Class in Highlands Ranch, Parker, and Castle Rock! They were all amazing events with great turnout, however, we know not everyone could make it or retain all the information! (It’s a lot, we know!) So please find this years presentation here and always let us know if you have any questions!
Throughout the month of February 2020 we presented the Douglas County 4-H 102 Class in Highlands Ranch, Parker, and Castle Rock! We had so much fun presenting what 4-H projects are, what a wide variety of options we have, and how to go about choosing and completing a project! Similar to the 101 class, there was a lot of information and some great tidbits shared by our current 4-H members, families, and leaders who attended the meetings! Please find this years presentation below as a place to start and always feel free to reach out to the extension office with any questions you might have! We know it can be confusing at first, but we are always here to help!
We look forward to offering our 4-H 101 & 102 classes again in 2021. For any current offerings in our County and for future dates always check the Douglas County 4-H Dates & Deadlines Calendar found at the link below!
4-H 201 & 202
4-H 201 ~ 4-H & The County Fair!
Coming in April 2020 – All you need to know for 4-H participation in the Douglas County Fair! The ins and outs of the week, what is expected, fun things to do, and more! Whether you are a graduating senior or a first year member, there is something to be learned!
Be sure to check our calendar for more information about the 2020 dates!2020 4-H Calendar of Events & Deadlines
4-H 202 ~ Livestock at Fair!
Coming in May2020 – All you need to know about having livestock at the Douglas County Fair! What you need to bring, what your responisbilities are, and some things to keep in mind as you are getting your animals ready for July!
Be sure to check our calendar for more information about the 2020 dates!
- MQA Schedule for East Slope/Front Range 2020 *Contact Extension Office for most up-to-date list*
- Colorado 4-H Volunteers Orientation
- DougCo is requiring all leaders to have taken in the past FIVE years
- Weekly Thursday Blast Newsletters
- Leaders Council Minutes
- DougCo Club Monthly Financial Worksheet
- County worksheet to help clubs stay organized each month
- Club Chartering Information (State)
- Chaperone Responsibilities (State)
- 4-H Money Matters Fact Sheets (State)
- 2018-2019 Achievement Night Slideshow