Douglas County 4-H Leadership
4-H Youth Council
Douglas County 4-H Youth Council
A 4-H Youth Council member exceeds beyond the general 4-H member expectations. These members devote extra time throughout the year to lead the 4-H program within their own 4-H clubs, their own communities within Douglas County, and as a group during county-wide events. The Douglas County 4-H County Youth Council works together to organize and lead several activities and events for the Douglas County 4-H Program. Some of these activities include Achievement Night, Leadership Day and June Livestock Show.
Interested in joining?
- Douglas County Youth Council Meetings are open to all Douglas County 4-H members. Meetings are held on the first Monday of every month at 5:30 pm for officers and 6:30 pm for general members/club representatives. All are invited and encouraged to attend! Contact the office (720) 733-6940 for the next meeting date and location!
Meet the 2022-2023 Youth Council Officers!
President: Sierra Holt
Vice President: Camden Brown
Treasurer: Brayden Sawyer
Secretary: Morgon Temple
Parliamentarian: Mackenzie Potton
4-H Foundation Representative: T.J. Surry
District 3 Senators:
CALF Representatives: Isabelle Carlblom & Blake Carlblom
Fair Board Representative: Anna Blayter
FFA Representatives: Job Knight & Kenzie Summervill
Shooting Sports Committee Representatives: Jacob Lori
4-H Youth Council Adult Leaders: Angie White & Noah VanBibber
Upcoming 4-H Youth Council Events:
Youth Council Officer Position Descriptions & Requirements:
Elections take place every year at the June Youth Council meeting.
- President – Click HERE
- Vice President – Click HERE
- Secretary – Click HERE
- Treasurer – Click HERE
- Parliamentarian – Click HERE
- Reporter – Click HERE
- District 3 Senator (2 positions) – Click HERE
- District 3 Alternate Senator (2 positions) – Click HERE
- Fair Board Representative – Click HERE
- 4-H Foundation Representative – Click HERE
- CALF Representative – Click HERE
- FFA Representative – Click HERE
- Shooting Sports Representative (2 positions) – Click HERE
- Adult Leader/Advisor Position – Click HERE
Bulk Poultry Order
Traditionally every Spring, Douglas County Youth Council facilitates a bulk order for Market Turkeys, Market Chickens and Peking Ducks for our members. Some of the benefits include:
• Save on shipping costs
• Timely arrival of birds for the Douglas County Fair
• No searching at local stores and hoping they get more shipments in
• Help support 4-H Youth Council
Unfortunately, due to HPAI Disease being present in the state of Colorado, we are unable to facilitate this program for 2023 but are looking forward to starting again in 2024!
Douglas County Ambassador Program
Ambassadors are seen as the face of Douglas County 4-H! We utilize our ambassadors as leaders within our own 4-H community but also as a connection between 4-H and the general public. Ambassadors provide a presence at 4-H programs and outreach events throughout the year. This program helps 4-Hers develop their public speaking abilities and gain experience in applications, resumes, and job interviewing.
2022-2023 4-H Program Ambassadors
2023-2024 Ambassador Applications are due to the Extension Office in November of 2023.
Application materials required:
» Application form
»1 Letter of Recommendation
» 4-H resume (sample 4-H resume here – 4-H Experience on Your Resume here)
Junior Ambassador Applicants
» Application form
» 1 Letter of Recommendation
- Applicant must have completed two years in 4-H and be 14 years of age as of December 31st of the current year. Junior Ambassador applicants must have completed one year in 4-H and be at least 12 years of age as of December 31 of the current year.
- Applicant should have attended 4-H council meetings the previous year with a preference of attendance at half of the council meetings.
All applicants must submit the application materials above and complete an interview with a selection committee. Ambassadors are expected to serve a two-year term, Junior Ambassadors will serve a one-year term and may reapply after one year.
Applications Due – November 2023
Interviews – Mid November
Ambassador Training – (TBD) **REQUIRED**
Ambassadors will promote 4-H throughout the year. Some events Ambassadors represent 4-H at may include Highlands Ranch Days, video promotions, tours at county fair, county contests, speaking to adult and youth organizations, National 4-H Week activities, and more! Additionally, there may be Junior Ambassadors in Training. These 12-13 year olds will be selected by the same process, but will serve only one year. The main responsibility of the Junior Ambassadors will be to assist the Senior Ambassadors in representing 4-H at various events and programs.
4-H Leader's Council
Douglas County 4-H Leader’s Council
Colorado 4-H Mission
4-H empowers youth to reach their full potential by working and learning in partnership with caring adults.
Colorado 4-H Vision
A world in which youth and adults learn, grow and work together
The Douglas County 4- Leader’s Council meets in the lower-level conference rooms of the Douglas County Extension office every first Monday of the month, unless that Monday is a holiday. This is a great time for local 4-H leaders to get updated on the current changes, events, forms, etc. It is also the perfect time to network with other leaders to get new ideas for your club.
Leaders Council Meeting Minutes and Agendas
- 2024 February Leaders Council Minutes
- 2024 January Leaders Council Minutes
- 2023 October Leaders Council Minutes
- 2023 September Leaders Council Minutes
- 2023 June Leaders Council Agenda
- 2023 May Leaders Council Minutes
2020-2021 Meeting Minutes
Douglas County Leaders Council Meetings are open to all Douglas County 4-H leaders. All are invited and encouraged to attend!! Contact the office (720) 733-6940 for the next meeting date!
- June 2021 Meeting Minutes
- May 2021 Meeting Minutes
- April 2021 Meeting Minutes
- March 2021 Meeting Minutes
- February 2021 Meeting Minutes
- January 2021 Meeting Minutes
- December 2020 Meeting Minutes
- November 2020 Meeting Minutes
- October 2020 Meeting Minutes
- September 2020 Meeting Minutes
Horse Steering Committee Agenda/Minutes
Livestock Advisory Committee Agenda/Minutes
Next meeting: March 26, 2024 at 6:00 p.m. in the basement of the Extension Office