Douglas County 4-H Leadership
4-H Youth Council
Douglas County 4-H Youth Council
A 4-H Youth Council member exceeds beyond the general 4-H member expectations. These members devote extra time throughout the year to lead the 4-H program within their own 4-H clubs, their own communities within Douglas County, and as a group during county-wide events. The Douglas County 4-H County Youth Council works together to organize and lead several activities and events for the Douglas County 4-H Program. Some of these activities include Achievement Night, Leadership Day and June Livestock Show.
Interested in joining?
- Douglas County Youth Council Meetings are open to all Douglas County 4-H members. Meetings are held on the first Monday of every month at 5:30 pm for officers and 6:30 pm for general members/club representatives. All are invited and encouraged to attend! Contact the office (720) 733-6940 for the next meeting date and location!
Meet the 2021-2022 Youth Council Officers!
President: Kenzie Summervill
Vice President: Bailey Fischer
Treasurer: Rebekah Palmer
Secretary: Cole Campell
Parliamentarian: Jordan Spall
Reporter: Sierra Holt
4-H Foundation Representative: TJ Surry
District 3 Senators: Cole Campbell & Tori Checkal
CALF Representatives: Kenzie Summervill
Fair Board Representative: Tori Checkal
FFA Representatives: Jordan Spall & Sierra Holt
Shooting Sports Committee Representatives: Sofia Foss & Brayden Sawyer
4-H Youth Council Adult Leaders: Angie White & Noah VanBibber
Upcoming 4-H Youth Council Events:
- 4-H Youth Council Leadership Retreat
- Date: Friday, November 19 – Sunday, November 21st
- 4-H Youth Council Holiday Dance 2021
- Info coming soon!
- Date: TBD
2020-2021 Youth Council Meeting Minutes:
- November 2nd, 2020 Meeting Minutes – Click HERE.
- December 7th, 2020 Meeting Minutes – Click HERE.
- January 4th, 2021 Meeting Minutes – Click HERE.
- February 1, 2021 Meeting Minutes – Click HERE.
- March 1, 2021 Meeting Minutes – Click HERE.
- April 5th, 2021 Meeting Minutes – Click HERE.
- May 3rd, 2021 Meeting Minutes – Click HERE.
- June 7th, 2021 Meeting Minutes – Click HERE.
Youth Council Officer Position Descriptions & Requirements:
Elections take place every year at the June Youth Council meeting.
The 2021-2022 Application will open on March 1, 2021 and close May 26, 2021.
- President – Click HERE
- Vice President – Click HERE
- Secretary – Click HERE
- Treasurer – Click HERE
- Parliamentarian – Click HERE
- Reporter – Click HERE
- District 3 Senator (2 positions) – Click HERE
- District 3 Alternate Senator (2 positions) – Click HERE
- Fair Board Representative – Click HERE
- 4-H Foundation Representative – Click HERE
- CALF Representative – Click HERE
- FFA Representative – Click HERE
- Shooting Sports Representative (2 positions) – Click HERE
- Adult Leader/Advisor Position – Click HERE
Bulk Poultry Order
Currently looking for a Douglas County 4-H Leader interested in taking this over. Please contact the Douglas County Extension Office at 720-733-6940 if interested!
Every Spring, Douglas County Youth Council facilitates a bulk order for Market Turkeys, Market Chickens and Peking Ducks for our members. This will provide some of the following benefits:
• Save on shipping costs
• Timely arrival of birds for the Douglas County Fair
• No searching at local stores and hoping they get more shipments in
• Help support 4-H Youth Council
Bulk Poultry Order Form 2020 *Order Closed for 2020*
Douglas County Ambassador Program
Ambassadors are seen as the face of Douglas County 4-H! We utilize our ambassadors as leaders within our own 4-H community but also as a connection between 4-H and the general public. Ambassadors provide a presence at 4-H programs and outreach events throughout the year. This program helps 4-Hers develop their public speaking abilities and gain experience in applications, resumes, and job interviewing.
2020-2021 4-H Ambassadors
Andrew Eben (Junior Ambassador)
Dakota Potton (Junior Ambassador)
2021-2022 Ambassador Applications are due to the Extension Office by November 5th 2021
Application materials required:
» Application form
»1 Letter of Recommendation
» 4-H resume (sample 4-H resume here – 4-H Experience on Your Resume here)
Junior Ambassador Applicants
» Application form
» 1 Letter of Recommendation
- Applicant must have completed two years in 4-H and be 14 years of age as of December 31st, 2021. Junior Ambassador applicants must have completed one year in 4-H and be at least 12 years of age as of December 31st, 2021.
- Applicant should have attended 4-H council meetings the previous year with a preference of attendance at half of the council meetings.
All applicants must submit the application materials above and complete an interview with a selection committee. Ambassadors are expected to serve a two-year term, Junior Ambassadors will serve a one-year term and may reapply after one year.
Applications Due – November 5th
Interviews – Weeks of November 8th & 15th
Ambassador Training – (TBD) **REQUIRED**
Ambassadors will promote 4-H throughout the year. Some events Ambassadors represent 4-H at may include Highlands Ranch Days, video promotions, tours at county fair, county contests, speaking to adult and youth organizations, National 4-H Week activities, and more! Additionally, there may be Junior Ambassadors in Training. These 12-13 year olds will be selected by the same process, but will serve only one year. The main responsibility of the Junior Ambassadors will be to assist the Senior Ambassadors in representing 4-H at various events and programs.
4-H Leader's Council
Douglas County 4-H Leader’s Council
Colorado 4-H Mission
4-H empowers youth to reach their full potential by working and learning in partnership with caring adults.
Colorado 4-H Vision
A world in which youth and adults learn, grow and work together
The Douglas County 4- Leader’s Council meets in the lower level conference rooms of the Douglas County Extension office every first Monday of the month, unless that Monday is a holiday. This is a great time for local 4-H leaders to get updated on the current changes, events, forms, etc. It is also the perfect time to network with other leaders to get new ideas for your club.
2020-2021 Meeting Minutes
Douglas County Leaders Council Meetings are open to all Douglas County 4-H leaders. All are invited and encouraged to attend!! Contact the office (720) 733-6940 for the next meeting date!